The Shibumi Strategic Portfolio Management (SPM) App is intended to demonstrate the use of Shibumi to effectively manage and prioritize one or more portfolios of products and projects across a large organization. The key capabilities of the solution include:
Objective & KPI Management
- Define your strategic objectives
- Track and monitor KPIs that measure performance towards the objectives
- KPIs can be financial or non-financial
Funding & Investment Management
- Allocate funds based on requested amount from Initiative owners
- Spread out funding
- Produce roadmaps from any level
- Roles or Applications
- Define the global resource calendar
- Use resources in Projects & Products which draw down from the global calendar
- Identify key data elements that change in the scenario (dates, resources)
- Change those scenario specific elements, see how scenarios compare to each other
Components of the SPM App
The SPM App is an extended combination of several Shibumi apps & modules, including:
- Business Transformation App – Manages the products and projects (which are based on BT Initiatives) in terms of hierarchy (workstreams), workflow/governance, benefit/cost tracking, workplans.
- Strategy App (Objectives & Key Results) – Manages the setting of strategic objectives and measuring achievement toward organizational goals.
- Resource Management Module – Manages the use of limited pools of resources, e.g., people, technical resources, etc.
- Scenario Module – Manages the modeling of different decisions related to product & project approvals, e.g., comparing a “maximum short-term benefit” scenario to a “minimum investment” scenario.
The SPM App solution is broken down into two main hierarchies – the BT-based hierarchy containing the BT, resource and scenario templates, and the OKR hierarchy containing most of the OKR templates, aside from the association template linking BT initiatives to OKR Objectives.
The two Hierarchies are:
- Black = Business Transformation
- Green = Resource Management
- Red/Tan = Scenario Management
- Blue = OKR
The solution hierarchies are color-coded to map each template to the module(s) it supports.
The Business Transformation templates sit at the center of the solution. The remaining modules/templates tie into various components of the BT templates. Specifically:
- Resource Management: Resources and resource capacity are defined under the BT Program. Resource demand/utilization is defined under BT Initiatives.
- Scenario Management: Scenarios are defined under BT Workstreams. A number of attributes and metrics that support Scenarios have been added to the BT Workstream and BT Initiative templates.
- OKR: The OKR structure is defined as a sibling to the BT Program, both sitting beneath a top-level Administration level. A many-to-many association to the OKR Objectives has been defined under the BT Initiative template.